Friday, May 30, 2014

Sporting summer layers

 
 
 
Hello Lovers. A quick 'hello' as Ashley and I have a very busy day ahead of us! As you know, we have recently had a wake up call, reconnecting us to our new life. It is okay, to sometimes lose sight of what you are trying to accomplish or to sometimes lose yourself in the future of what you desire, what matters is that you find your way back to the journey of your dreams. Today we woke up renewed, re-inspired, and ready to take hold of what may be called dreams today, but will one day be called reality.
 
A timeless trend no matter the season is layers on layers on layers. When styling daily outfits, I love layering. You can mix textures, colors, sizes, structures...the list can go on! But for summer, it can get a little more difficult to layer in a way that is conducive to the summertime heat waves. Today, I discovered a layering system that leaves just enough exposed skin to keep me cool, while still sporting this classic trend. Lace bralettes are your best friend when it comes to the perfect summer layering, and today I was having a color craze! To mix textures, as well as colors, I paired a purple lace bralette with a closet staple - the deep, scooped neck white tank top.
 
I wanted to add that sporty flare to my vibrantly casual  look, so thank you Ashley for letting me borrow your white Polo hat! If the sun is not too harsh, I absolutely love sporting the edginess of the backwards cap. I adore how the simple placement of the hat, backwards or forwards, can change the personality of your ensemble. For an elegant, sporty look, a forward facing hat; for an edgy, rebellious look, a backward facing hat. I love how fashion can cater to so many different styles and personalities. This form of expression allows you to personify who you want to be at any moment in time.
 
xoxo - Heather Marie
Tops - Victoria's Secret
Shorts - Forever 21
Hat - Polo
Shades - Forever 21
Shoes - DSW
 


No comments:

Post a Comment