Monday, May 12, 2014

Salt-Life Simplicity

 
 
 
 

Effortless couture is diverse, relaxed, undemanding, and it accentuates one's natural beauty, which just so happens to be a leading trend during these summer months.  I tend to opt for a minimalistic look that is sometimes known to rock the star paved streets of California. I may not be in Cali, but I can certainly bring Cali to me.

I don't know if it is the fact that I now live on the coast or if it is that summer has just reared its gorgeously sunny head, but lately I have been all about the easy-breezy, care-free fashion that can only be described as 'salt-life' style. Don't get me wrong, I am still an elegant city girl at heart and I will always love a sleek couture look, but when the salty crisp air flows through my bedroom window, I can't help but to sometimes fall for the natural essence of simplistic summer fashion.

It is a very warm day here in South Carolina, so I chose a slightly oversized tank top from Victoria's Secret with their signature sexy cut outs, exposing the perfect amount of what is soon to be sun-kissed skin. Giving structure to this otherwise shapeless top, I like to slightly tuck it in to my favorite destroyed, boyfriend denim. To further accessorize today's look, I added a Boho beach hat to match my natural beachy waves. I am also currently crushing on mirror shades! I love the retro, edgy vibe these sunnies add to even the simplest of outfits. And of course, I could not finish my look without my favorite black strappy heels.

Whether you are roaming the beachside boardwalks or joining your friends for a cocktail on the coast, an effortless ensemble can bring your natural beauty center stage. And remember, you don't have to live in beautiful California to embody the beauty of the classic Cali girl.

xoxo - Heather Marie
Top - Victoria's Secret
Denim - Abercrombie & Fitch
Hat - Target
Mirror Shades - Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment