Saturday, March 15, 2014

Taking chances

 
Sleek and Inspired. Ashley and I are graduating college very soon and we are constantly chattering about the next chapter of our lives and in what setting this chapter will take place. We are so excited for an adventurous change and we have have been talking a lot about moving to the city, maybe New York, maybe L.A.; so lately I have been inspired by city fashion! In truth, Marie Nicole are two city girls who have been stuck in southern suburbia, but not for much longer if we have any say.
 
One thing I love about the city is the sleek and chic fashion! The slicked back straight hair, the sleek pants, the heels. New York City, for example, makes street style high fashion and I am definitely inspired! For this look I wanted to portray a polished and sophisticated vibe while also being a bit daring with the patterned harem pant. This new style is a bit foreign for me, but once you go sleek, there is no going back! While it is not always easy to wear something out of your comfort zone, such as a  bold patterned pant, it is important to push yourself and take a chance on something new. It may awaken a part of yourself that you never knew was there. When I stepped out of my safe fashion box, an air of confidence swept through me and it felt like I had walked right off the runway. I am absolutely in love with this slicked back straight hair! It draws attention to my face while accentuating my cheek bones, and your face should always be a focal point, am I right ladies?
 
Here's to taking chances in the next chapter of our lives. Till next time.
xoxo - Heather Marie
Harem Pant - Forever 21
Blouse - Express
Blazer - JC Penney
Shoe - Jessica Simpson
 


No comments:

Post a Comment